So you heard all about how self-ordering kiosks can work wonders for your restaurant and you decided to invest in them. Of course you want to start reaping rewards immediately, but acumen tells you that simply having a few kiosks scattered around your restaurant is not going to miraculously start giving you all those marvelous benefits that everyone is talking about. Then, how exactly can you maximize the potential of these devices? What steps should you take?
Thankfully, the answers to these questions are fairly straightforward. With these six dos and don’ts you can easily unleash the power of self-ordering kiosks:
Do’s of Self-Ordering Kiosks
- Do keep kiosks where they are easily accessible: For kiosks to have an impact, they must be used. This means that they must be placed where customers can easily find them. While it may seem logical to place self-ordering kiosks at the entrance – after all, this means that the kiosks will be the first thing customers see when they walk in – this may not always be the best option. Think carefully about the layout of your restaurant and the flow of human traffic. Choose an area that is noticeable, convenient and relatively spacious. Remember that customers need some room to be able to use the kiosk comfortably.
- Do use clear signage to direct your customers to the kiosks: No matter how prominent you may think your self-ordering kiosks are, you still need to use signs to alert your customers to their presence. Signage serves two main purposes. First, it informs your customers of the existence of self-ordering kiosks at your restaurant (this is extremely valuable when you launch the kiosks and for first-time guests). Secondly, it directs your customers to the kiosks, encouraging them to use the devices.
- Do keep your software up-to-date: Providing a seamless customer experience is vital for the success of self-ordering kiosks and, in order to achieve this, you must ensure your software is updated regularly. Glitchy software could cause your restaurant to lose credibility, with the customers questioning the quality of not just the machines, but your products in general. Old technology can also annoy the more tech-savvy patrons creating the risk of losing their patronage.
Don’t of Self-ordering Kiosks
- Don’t forget about your differently abled customers: Self-ordering kiosks must be inclusive so that customers with limited mobility can utilize them. Adjust the placement of at least some of the kiosks so that customers in wheelchairs can access them independently. Try to demarcate the space around so that there is minimal risk of other patrons getting in their way.
- Don’t leave kiosks unattended: While this may seem to run contrary to the ‘self’ part of ‘ self-ordering kiosks ’ you must have a member of staff around to oversee kiosk usage. There will be occasions when some customers will need assistance – think about the elderly or the less IT-savvy. If someone is having difficulty placing an order or making payment and cannot get help, they may give up and walk out. Having a staff member on hand is not only helpful to customers, it also ensures that you do not lose any business.
- Don’t overlook customer purchase statistics: Self-ordering kiosks are a goldmine of customer data. These statistics will give you an in-depth understanding of your restaurant’s performance, revealing vital information on highest selling dishes, time-based demand, customer requests, and popular pairings. With these details you can better organize your restaurant and create a more profitable menu. You will also be able to plan lucrative promotions and offers, bringing in more revenue.
How well your restaurant’s self-ordering kiosks will perform, is dependent on how you implement them. Stick to these dos and don’ts and you will soon begin to see why self-ordering kiosks are the marvels of a modern restaurant.
It can be seen that to get the most out of your self-ordering kiosks, the placement of the device, signage used to draw the customers attention and having software that is up-to-date are just a few of the vital aspects that you need to look into. So what are you waiting for book a free demo and stay ahead of the competition
Published By: Applova